Another yummy and savory dish comin’ at ya by me, Amanda aka @amandaaanicole_ !!
I love peanut butter but I don’t have a huge sweet tooth(I know, I’m crazy!) so I find other ways to incorporate it into my dishes! I am a huge fan of pad Thai, however most dishes come with processed noodles or are made with GMO Ingredients that, if consumed in excess over time, will harm your body. So I have created a REAL INGREDIENT alternative recipe, made with simple pantry staples that will blow your mind! Hope you enjoy!!!
1/3 cup organic chicken or vegetable stock (water works just fine too!)
2 tablespoons Organic Tamari (or soy sauce)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons of Wild Friends classic creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon organic lime juice
1 tablespoon organic coconut vinegar (you can also use white vinegar)
1 tablespoon Sriracha
1 tablespoon Garlic chili sauce (depending on your spice tolerance…if you don’t like spicy use half the amount of sriracha and garlic chili sauce)
1 teaspoon minced ginger or 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
PAD THAI INGREDIENTS:
4 ounces of organic spinach fettuccini noodles
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 organic eggs, beaten
1 lb. chicken breast, cubed
1/2 cup bean sprouts (optional)
TO GARNISH (optional):
Chopped peanuts (this takes it to a new level!)
1. Whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside to “fester”
2. Cook noodles, then drain water and set aside.
3. Preheat a skillet over medium heat and add sesame oil. Add chicken breast and cook until browned and cooked through.
4. Push the chicken over to one side of the skillet and pour the beaten eggs into the skillet and scramble the egg in the skillet.
5. Add the noodles to the skillet and then pour the sauce over the noodles. Cook on low for 5 mins, stirring frequently!
6. Serve, and top with desired toppings and adjust spice level with more Sriracha!